Genentech USA, Inc. ("Genentech") and Novartis
Pharmaceuticals Corporation ("Novartis") respects the
privacy of our consumers and visitors to this website, and we
recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of
personal information you share with us (any information by which you
can be identified, including but not limited to name, address, e-mail
address, and telephone number). We have established this Privacy
Policy so that you are informed about how we treat any personally
identifiable information that you provide to us in the course of using
this website or that we may otherwise collect from or about you in
inform you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours we may collect and how we may use this information
- Limits on how we would share and disclose your personally identifiable information
- Our policy regarding collection of personally identifiable information from minors
- Our practices concerning retargeting and interest-based advertising
- Our policy regarding browser "do not track" signals
- How our website uses social media plugins
- Our policy regarding links to third party websites
- Security of our website
- Additional information for California residents
- How you can correct and update your personal information
From time to time, Genentech and Novartis may revise this Privacy
reflected on this page. Genentech and Novartis encourage you to review
Information Collection and Use
You can generally visit our website without revealing any personally
identifiable information about yourself. However, to access certain
options and services we may ask you to provide certain personally
identifiable information, and without providing such personally
identifiable information, you may be unable to access certain options
and services. The following is personally identifiable information
that we may collect from or about you and how we use it:
- Surveys. Information obtained from you on web surveys, such as contact information (name and shipping address), demographic information (zip code, age level) and medical condition. We may use this personally identifiable information to provide you with information and services for which you have expressed an interest or that you may find useful based on your answers in a survey. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- Newsletters. Information obtained from you from your request to subscribe to a newsletter, such as contact information (name and e-mail address). We may use this personally identifiable information to deliver the newsletters that you have elected to receive.
- Registration. Information obtained from you on registration forms used to process your requests for services and information, such as contact information (name, address, e-mail address), password, username or code, age, date of birth, gender, ethnicity and medical condition. This registration information may also be gathered if you register for certain services via fax or mail. We may use this information to send you a welcoming e-mail to verify your username and password, website updates, special offers, notices regarding relevant medical conditions and treatment, or other information responsive to the data that you provide to us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- E-mail Content to a Friend. Information obtained from you regarding friend or family name and e-mail address, if you elect to use our referral service for sending some of our website content to friends and family. We may use this personally identifiable information to automatically send the friend or family member a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the website. We may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail.
- Other Modes on Collection. Information we collect from or about you in other online or offline contexts, including information submitted during purchases of our Xolair products, interactions with Genentech or Novartis employees, adverse event reporting, or participation in a research study. We use such information for a variety of purposes.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: To learn more about the information we collect from or about you, including how we may use and share it, please see the California Residents | Supplemental Privacy Notice section below.
We may combine the personally identifiable information you share with us through this website with other information we collect from or about you, both online and offline. We may also combine this personally identifiable information with records provided by third parties. We use this consolidated information to help us better design our products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our marketing and research activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
In addition to the purposes described above, any information we collect may also be used for analytics purposes (e.g., evaluating site usage patterns, assessing throughput) so that we can gauge the effectiveness of our programs and improve the usefulness of information presented to users.
Genentech and Novartis are the owners of all information collected on our website. California residents can learn more about information we collect from or about you and how we may use it in the California Residents | Supplemental Privacy Notice section below.
Sharing and Disclosure
We may provide your personally identifiable information that we
collect and the data generated by cookies (discussed below) to a
parent, subsidiary or affiliate entity within the Genentech and/or
Novartis corporate families, partner entities, and the vendors and
service agencies that we may engage to assist us. For example, we may
provide your personally identifiable information to an organization in
order to complete a service (e.g., send out newsletter e-mails you
have requested), to assist us in reviewing the data or to provide
marketing or advertising on our behalf.
We will also disclose your personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation, legal process, or other government authority (such as reporting safety information to the Food and Drug Administration); to investigate fraud; to protect your safety or the safety of others; or when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to protect our rights or the rights of a third party who may be harmed by your activities.
We may transfer your personally identifiable information to a
successor entity of either Genentech or Novartis upon a merger,
consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which either
Genentech or Novartis participates or to a purchaser of all or a
portion of either Genentech's or Novartis' assets; or pursuant to a
financing arrangement or co-promotional agreement. Any successor
entity shall be bound by terms and conditions reasonably similar to
California residents can learn more about how we may disclose the information we collect from or about you in the California Residents | Supplemental Privacy Notice section below.
This website is not intended for or designed to attract children under the age of 13. Moreover, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian, and you must be 18 years of age or older to submit registration or survey information. Should you believe that a minor of whom you are a parent or guardian has registered, please contact us at [email protected] and we will make reasonable efforts to remove all personally identifiable information related to the minor.
Cookies, LSOs, GIF Files, and Other Tracking Technologies
Our website and emails we send to you may contain transparent GIF files (also known as "web beacons," "action tags," or "pixel tags") to help manage online advertising. These GIF files are used by us and our ad management partners to recognize when a visitor views a web page or opens an email. This information enables us to learn which emails and advertisements bring users to our website.
If you have provided us with personally identifiable information, e.g., through a registration or a request for certain materials, we may associate this personally identifiable information with information gathered through these tracking technologies. This allows us to offer increased personalization and functionality.
Retargeting and Interest-Based Advertising
We use third party advertising companies to place ads on other websites. These companies may use data about your visits to this and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. Like most advertisers, we place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. One way we do so is by allowing network advertising companies with whom we work to place their own cookies when an individual visits our site. This enables the network advertising company to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. When the individual visits a third-party web site on which that network advertising company has purchased ad space, the advertising company can then recognize the individual’s interest in our products and services and deliver one of our advertisements.
Some of our websites use two Google Analytics Advertising Display Features, which collect information through cookies: Remarketing with Google Analytics and Demographics and Interests reporting. If you would like to opt-out of having your data used by these cookies, please use the Google Analytics opt-out available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
The Digital Advertising Alliance maintains a web site where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program (www.AboutAds.info/choices).
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites with which the browser communicates. This website does not currently respond to these "do-not-track" signals.
Social Media Plugins
Our website may use social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, "Share to Twitter" button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+) while browsing on our website, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our website. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends' Facebook activity on our website. Neither Genentech nor Novartis control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites, you should refer to those sites' privacy and data sharing statements.
Log Files and Aggregate Information
We may track the total number of visitors to our website, the number of visitors to each page of our website, IP addresses, and the domain names of our users' Internet Service Providers, and we may analyze these data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be in aggregate form only and it will not contain personally identifiable data. Such aggregate information is not linked to any personally identifiable information that can identify any individual person.
We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the website, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with our corporate partners and contracted vendors to assist us in operating the website and to enable them to better understand Genentech's and/or Novartis' businesses.
Links to Third Party Sites
This website may contain links to other websites on the Internet
that are not under the control of or maintained by either Genentech or
Novartis. Such links do not constitute an endorsement by Genentech or
Novartis of those other websites, the content displayed therein, or
the persons or entities associated therewith. You acknowledge that
Genentech and Novartis are providing these links to you only as a
convenience, and you agree that Genentech and Novartis are not
responsible for the content of such websites. Your use of these other
policies located on the linked websites.
Genentech, Novartis, and their third-party providers may employ
procedural and technological security measures, consistent with
industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to protect
your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized
access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Genentech and Novartis
may use encryption, password protection, secure socket layers,
internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent
unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information .
However, you provide your information to us at your own risk. We
cannot guarantee that your data will not be lost, accessed without
authorization, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS | Supplemental Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives California residents the right to know what personal information a company has collected about them, including whether it is being sold or disclosed to third-parties, and the right to prevent that company from selling their information. The CCPA also prevents companies from retaliating against consumers for exercising these rights – companies must continue to give consumers who exercise the right to refuse sale of their personal information access to equal products for equal prices.
This web site is jointly controlled by Genentech and Novartis, and
the personal information collected on this site is sent to both
Genentech and Novartis.
To review Genentech’s Supplemental Privacy Notice for California residents, click here.
To review Novartis’s Supplemental Privacy Notice for California residents, click here.
Correction/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
Genentech and Novartis are committed to respecting your right to
access and correct your personal information. You can call
877-GENENTECH and we will be happy to assist you with your request.
You may also "opt out" of receiving e-mails and other
communications from us pertaining to the information and content of
this website by using the unsubscribe feature included in the e-mails
the information practices of this site, you may contact us by email at
or by mail at:
Genentech USA, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Office
1 DNA Way
South San Francisco, CA 94080
- Revised all sections to state that the personally identifiable information a user shares through this website is collected by both Genentech and Novartis.